2013 Honors Chorus Application
|Under the direction of Steve Armstrong, director of the perennial medalist Toronto Northern Lights chorus, the Honors Chorus will appear as a featured ensemble on the Saturday Night Show. Application for this chorus will be by audition and is open to Society members only. The following are the procedures for admission to the Honors Chorus of Harmony University 2013.||
- You must be a Society member and be a registered/paid student for Harmony University.
- The audition will begin at measure 79 of “Sit Down, You’re Rockin’ The Boat”, and stop at the end of the song. Sing your part solo into the highest quality, accessible recording device you have. You may use a pitch pipe or piano to help you get started in the right key, but once you begin singing do not play piano notes, have the learning track playing in the background (including on headphones), etc. We want to hear your voice, and your voice alone.
- You will be judged on accuracy of notes/rhythm, and overall vocal quality.
- You may audition for more than one voice part.
- We will notify each person who auditioned of the results on or before May 15, 2013.
- If you are accepted into the Honors Chorus, you will be sent the full compliment of sheet music and a learning CD.
1.) We are aware that there are a few instances in the audition excerpt where the learning track doesn't exactly match the sheet music. In those cases, either note is acceptable for the purposes of the audition.
2.) The track starts at measure 71. You may sing this part if you want in your submission, but the actual audition is only from measure 79 to the end.